24.12.10

The Nightmare before Christmas...


I don't usually like to divulge to much of my immediate personal life on this blog and usually try to devoid moaning, as much as I do enjoy it.  However this has truly been an epic crisis before Christmas, my luck must of run out for 2010, Karma may of well truly hit me in the face... although I am unsure what I have done to warrant such a slap back of Karma.

Ok I may have been over hyping it slightly and to others this may seem abit obtuse, but I have lost my memory stick! yes one of those little portable usb deceives that I stupidly stored most of my major uni project and presentation on. No one is kicking themselves more than me, I can ensure you...

I know what you may be thinking... how could you be so foolish as to only store it on this one lonesome stick... well at first I didn't realise this was the case, but yes it seems the files on another stick only appeared as Alais's (or what ever they may be called) which basically meant they never properly copied over and as these where huge powerpoint presentation files, I am talking huge numbers of MB's they must of been to big to save to my constantly full laptop hardrive.

Ohhh wooooe is meee I hear you cry... oh yes woe me indeed! I have essentially lost weeks and weeks of work (as my final presentation took over 3days to put together alone) and this is my final year!!! my most important year of all and I have now come to lose work. I am usually very vigilant and careful with these kind of things but as it is my third year it has to be now that I lose it.


I have looked high and low, and even driven the 44 mile round trip to my uni's deserted library on CHRISTMAS EVE, but all to no avail... I am completely demoralised and angry at myself! After an emotional few days I have decided to face the facts, I have to pull myself out of this hole as this is not helping one bit. With my deadline ever nearing, looming around the corner I really do not have the time to deliberate this, instead I have to learn form my mistakes, pick myself up and get on with what I need to do... yes I may now have to work twice as hard, but I am not prepared to let this hiccup hinder what essentially is 3 years of study! 

Full Stop. 


Oh and Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!!! Here's to 2011!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what your thinking..... Every comment is muchly appreciated x