24.4.11

Easter Day Treat - Reading Vintage Fair

You know when the months do really fly by when the Reading Vintage Fair monthly installment comes whizzing back around again. It was unfortunate that I was unable to attend the March Fair, so I endeavored that I would not miss my vintage fix yet again and on the most beautifully sunny, Easter afternoon I attended with my Mum the April Sunday Fair. 

Being on Easter Sunday there was a more relaxed atmosphere in the town centre with most of the shops shut, it was the perfect time to take advantage and shop some vintage (and Easter) treats. 

It was great to see some friendly stallholders and shopper faces as well as so lovely new additions to this months fair... one of them being the lovely Alexandra of Dolly vintage.    
She had a great selection which greeted you by the door, from gorgeous selection of dresses, floaty blouses, laid back tees and faithful leather satchels; including a Balenciaga and Mulberry number which I would die to own! 
Trying on a few delights from her rail I decided in the end on a pleated white floral number: (below).  
Yes I know, dare I say it an 80's dress, yes the era people love to hate but thankfully no shoulder pads in sight! technically being born in the 80's does that now mean I am now classified as vintage too? 


The dress I think will great for warm summer days, and would be perfect for a summer event... I need a wedding to attend now... 

DollyVintage new site dollyvintage.com is due to launch in May... so keep your eye out as I too I willl be waiting with baited breath... bank balance be ready.  

There was also some really lovely homeware bits and pieces added into mix (see more photos below) and I can't help but indulgent in my trinket obsession and picked up this little glass dish with a very pretty painted lid (right).  Fits perfectly I must say with my other vintage perfume bottles and with my egg blue walls.  The dish as stallholder Debbie suggested would be ideal for hairband and grips... so I have no filled it with exactly that, tidying up my dressing table in such style. 

My Faithful favourites were also at the purple turtle, Anna from Betsy and Sue Vintage, Georgina of Georgina's Vintage,  and the lovely Ali was downstairs with her mini Frock&Roll boutique. Venture outside in the glorious sunshine courtyard filled with yet more vintage stalls, and the delish White Rabbit Bakery where there with there was white Easter bunny biscuits adorning the towering pretty cupcakes. 

Live music filled the air as the talented signers and acoustic acts graced the stage.    

It was the best way to spend a lovely Easter Sunday, make sure you don't miss your vintage fix and head down to the May Fair, end of next month. 

If you are in the Oxford area, lucky you as the Reading Vintage Fair is infact on it's travels and will be arriving at the Purple turtle near you on 15th May. Find out more: VINTAGENIE presents Wonderous Pop up Vintage at Oxford If you are interested in selling or performing be sure to get in touch with the organisers. 



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what your thinking..... Every comment is muchly appreciated x