31.1.11

Secret Vintage House Sale

Had a really great weekend in that I found this gem of a surprise... my mum had luckily heard from a friend about a secret antiques and vintage fair, held at a house near to where I lived. We popped along and spent a lovely few hours in the afternoon browsing round this gorgeous home opened up for people to look around. Packed to the brim full of vintage pieces (all very reasonably priced), it was nice that it was displayed in a homely setting. Like a child in a sweet shop everything caught my eye and I ended up buying a sweet paper-mache hand-painted jewellery pot, a floral painted umbrella stand (which you can see below) which is an ideal bedroom bin and a couple of silver vintage band rings. 

The atmosphere was lovely and sociable and everyone was very welcoming, with teas and cakes in the front room too, with an option to give a charity donation to the MS society, I believe they raised quite abit, and there is truly nothing better than shopping and giving at the same time. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what your thinking..... Every comment is muchly appreciated x