13.2.11

Lovely, Lovely Weekend...



This weekend I decided I would finally go and mooch round Fanny's Antiques - a well established Berkshire Antiques emporium, situated surprisingly in the centre of Reading. I was on the search for an Edwardian style chair or stall for my dressing table and thought I would make sure I had a look round the renowned Fanny's first...  

 

The beautiful ground floor display, especially for Valentines Day was appealing and inspiring, and yet was quite a commercial visual display, set in a some-what unconventional leaky building which housed an eclectic mix of antiques. You need to be on aware of certain pieces and know what you are looking for in a place such as this. 

For me, a relatively new antique shopper, this is slightly overwhelming, however do not get me wrong I do think there is some real bargains to be found!  

I did discover a few nice pieces including a fabric wrapped chair (below), a children's christening trinket, an elaborate metal frame mirror (below) and some petite cups and saucers. Although I did not purchase any of them on the day, I am very inclined to visit there again soon, to see what I can discover, however perhaps not on such a wet and bitter day. 





Apologies for the slightly blurred phone photos. 









Fanny’s Antiques



1-5 Lynmouth Road
City Centre, Reading
RG1 8DE
Tel: 0118 950 8261

After reading Sarah-Leigh's post on her exceptionally amazing Style Files  blog (- worth checking out!) about her recent Antique's find, The White Lion, in Hook, it reminded me that I had not posted about the antiques Barn I stubbled across not so long ago after a trip to Blackbushe Market... it certainty restored some refinery to the overall trip. 

Eversley Barn Antiques is a vintage and antiques haven; escaping inside from the cold winters day you enter a warm interior, brimming with antiques in every crook... 


















Set over two floors I spent hours browsing the spectacular pieces on sale, from grand kitchen work stations perfect for a country cottage, to a rail full of vintage fur and designer gowns and elegant bags and purses scattered throughout.

http://www.eversleybarnantiques.co.uk


Eversley Barn Antiques
Church Lane
Eversley
Yateley
Hampshire
RG27 0PX 

Tel: 0118 932 8518

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what your thinking..... Every comment is muchly appreciated x