25.7.10

My Boudoir

It's all been a bit hectic of late, been busy working here and there then I came down with flu for nearly 4days! (which was so frustrating not being able to do anything) and on top of that I am in the process of decorating my bedroom. 

It has taken me ages to decide and finally after two years it is actually happening, I will have proper furniture instead of the temporary bowing canvas bits I have at the moment....I cannot wait!




So above is a collection of imagery of how I was envisaging to decorate my room.  There are a few contradictions of style in the mix, I know, as I have been a little undeceive as I really want it all... but despite the touches of pink in my mood-board I have decided to go with a calmer duck egg blue/ eau de nil colour scheme. My ultimate dream was to have a four poster bed but unfortunately it just wouldn't work in the space and therefore I went with the next best thing, a Phoebe Bed & Mattress Set from Laura Ashley which is delicately feminine and chic  -  I am still determined however I will one day have a grand 4-poster - even if it is just for show! 
The all important decision making: Wallpaper & paint samples
I have decided on the Laura Ashley Duck Egg blue, which is already on the walls and looks quite nice and tranquil if I do say so myself and the Josette wallpaper (above fourth from right). The  Furniture is now all ordered, french chateau style,  Laura Ashley Provencale range which I think will all work well together. When It is finished I will be sure to post up some pictures for you to see. I have always been interested in Interior design and taking on my own project has been fun but also alot of hard work... Take a look at Jeni's amazing dream house for inspiration, it is exactly as I would picture my dream house too and I would love, love, love a window seat to daydream from... well maybe one day! What would your dream room or house look like?  


All images were solely intended for my own inspiration and I have aimed to specified sources where I can. 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's done. I've been waiting ages to decorate my bedroom, and I too am undecisive. One minute I want it French boudoir-esque, the next I want it minimalist or modern.
    strutt mode

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    Please could you tell me what the middle paint colour is (the one that looks most green)? I am trying to paint my dining room and came across your blog. Many thanks, Esther
    MNy email is canigetanemail@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Love to know what your thinking..... Every comment is muchly appreciated x