3.10.09

LFW- Recovering, relaxing and reflecting

London Fashion Week now may be a distant memory but it sure did take some rest, my feet are still suffering for it but it was all worth it!
Back at home, I was actually able to have a good look through all my bits and pieces I picked up along with photos I took with my loaned EOS 50D. As i mentioned in my previous posts Canon and 1000 heads were great hosts and generous at that take a look at my gorgeous Canon goodie bag right. (must admit not much is left of it now- the chocolates were so yummy!)



Was so happy to find the canvas shopper in my goodie bag as I had been lusting after one the whole week seeing everyone using them- It is now my uni book bag ever so useful.

The poster with a story- Well as we walked out of Somerset House making our way to Covent Garden for few after drinks Sophie of Trendspiration noticed two massive Plastique posters which we sneakily pulled down to lovingly take home to our bedroom walls. To see just how much Sophie ADORES Plastique magazine check out her post dedicated to it.

So Fashion week is now on its last stop in Paris, It has been and gone so fast but thanks to Canon I was able to capture the moment of lfw and keep the memories with beautiful print outs courtesy of the uber professional photo printer (Canon PIXMA pro 9000 Mark Ⅱ)

The Printer- Nicknamed the Beast!


It takes a impressive 8 cartridges!!


I Love the feature of the ink cartridge lighting up to indicate the cartridge are in place and when they are running out they flash to highlight the one that needs replacing!

Set up was pretty straightforward and was so excited to just get going with it!


The Printer was A3 which is my dream, how I wished I had this printer when I had to print up my uni mood-boards! If your following me on twitter you would know of my excitement to be using the printer...maybe a bit too over excited. The large machine was daunting as I knew it was one of the best professional printers you can get and although it was late at night I screamed to my mum as the first photo started to emerge.... "Mum, Mum look at the quality of this, it comes out soooo good!". The beast lived up to my expectations and more, the photo paper was of amazing quality too (I was using Photo paper pro platinum and Fine Art premium Matte photo paper in in A4 & A3). The photo editing software that were part of the printer package were also good it came with photoshop elements as well what a plus point!



The end result- My A3 print outs think I may frame my handy work... he he he!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is impressive. So, questions... how much do these printers cost and how much are those cartridges? Don't they cost a fortune???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting a printer for home but, I think I have to wait until my next birthday before I can get one of those. That def. looks like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Love to know what your thinking..... Every comment is muchly appreciated x