1.8.09

Zara's Tales



So excited just got my new book- Zara's Tales (i know aptly named)Perilous Escapades in Equatorial Africa by the endlessly talented Peter Beard. Must admit I haven't started to read it yet but I'm completely in awe at the fantastic photography combined with illustrations throughout this book. I must also probably admit the old saying of don't judge a book by it's cover is exactly what I did in this case (I honestly don't make a habit of doing that) but I saw some of the imagery from the book in the online inside look at 'Influence by Mary Kate & Ashley Olsen', I thought from that moment I must get it... I mean it does has my name on it quite literally. Well I've gone book fever mad at the moment so when I do finally sit down and have a good read of it I'll definitely write up a little review. Talking of books I must say the reviews of the Olsens twins book that I mentioned appeared to be quite positive and may also be worth a look, I'm also impatiently waiting for my copy of The Sartorialist which should be released on the 3rd September... counting down the days.

The illustrations are so enigmatic





Although i would like to say it was dedicated to myself Beard actually wrote this book for his daughter Zara.





although in french this video is fantastic cinematography of Veruschka (one of my favourite 60/70's models)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what your thinking..... Every comment is muchly appreciated x