10.8.09

A Case of Déjà vu


My last project back in April I was working alongside my assigned 3rd year who had chose Rigby & Peller as the basis of final major project. I had to come up with developments and promotional ideas which complimented her project.

One of these promotional methods I came up with was to have a exhibition held at the V&A (as they hold a large collection of Rigby and Peller archive pieces). I know it is not a completly original idea but it always seems to be the case that just a week before I am due to hand in my completed project I saw this....


UNDERCOVER: THE EVOLUTION OF UNDERWEAR

12 June 2009 - 27 September 2009

At the Fashion and Textile Museum


Well on Friday i finally went to see this exhibition at the Fashion & Textile Musuem, It was a nice exhibtion with interesting displays- me and my friend found the past advertisements being shown amusing.... 'I must not forget my Berlei' they were like mini- drama's unlike the punchy 10 second adverts we are bombarded with today.


Cheeky






2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, the exhibition looks fantastic. Another to add to my must-see list. The dressing table is fantastic, and most of the lingerie is simply too nice to keep under covers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun.The lingerie is gorgeous-wouldn't want to go out the house if i owned pieces like them. Good exhibition to do in a short afternoon as it is not too big and actually good value for money (think i paid £3) If you do go lemme know what your opinion on the exhibition is x

    ReplyDelete

Love to know what your thinking..... Every comment is muchly appreciated x