22.8.09

BRING BACK POLAROID!!!

As you may know polaroid had ceased in making film for these handy portable cameras in June 2008- to all our dimay and love for these instant stark images I often wandered how the fashion industry especially would coupe without this instantaneous image makers. They are used widely from model casting, design, at catwalk events and numerous other times when opportunity quick photography is needed.

I remember when I got my first ever Polaroid camera and the excitement of waiting for the image to slowly develop in front of your eyes. blowing on it, waving it in the air, putting it under a lamp all with the impatience to just see the final image. It was the uncertainty of what it would produce i think that added to the novelty of the camera. I think Polaroid has to be the most fun way to take a photograph, digital is never as interesting and although you now get the instant digital display it is just not the same as holding the original printed image straightaway in your hand, knowing that this is a unique image that cannot get reproduced again!

Therefore it was great to see this flyer end up in my email-

Saved Polaroid Project
unfortunately I was unable to attend the event but i think its fantastic that U.O are teaming up with Impossible b.v. who's aim it is to re-invent and re-start production of analog INTEGRAL FILM for vintage Polaroid cameras... I just can't wait... so dust off your old Polaroid cameras or why not treat yourself to one of these fantastic new kits which will be avaliable soon (and if like me you want to know exactly when they will be avaliable sign up to the email alert)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what your thinking..... Every comment is muchly appreciated x