21.8.09

Daily Top Tip: no. 2

This is an oldie but a goodie.... I recently have been converted to actually spend time rummaging charity shops and have recently found a few gems. To be fair I always heard of these amazing charity shop bargin finds however when i used to pop into the local ones i could not find a thing so therefore gave up! I was in Sheperds Bush the a few weeks ago and had time to spare so wandered round the market- they sell amazing buttons and fabric! (also if u ask nicely they give you odds and end pieces for free-learnt that from my student days round the area) well i stumbled across a little charity shop and for the first time began to see potential in alot of pieces. Well i brought this old lace top for about £3 with the mission to create it into a similar style of the ones i had saw earlier in Topshop for £28+

The Topshop version £28


& my £3 bargain version!
Sling back pumps- Topshop £18
Tights- Jonathan Aston from House of Fraser
distressed Jean Jacket- Zara (Spain) about €25

Fleece Tulip Skirt- American Apparel £27

So i got my scissors out carefully extracted the lining, cut it down off went the sleeves and wha-la there it was! so now i have the bug i want to do more.... so no mater how great your creation and sewing skills are (mine are poor) lets get on the mentality of 'MAKE DO AND MEND' - it is a stylish recession you know!

2 comments:

  1. OOh, well done you! Which charity shop was that exactly? Is it IN the market? I used to give all my old stuff to the Age Concern shop on the Green. It has the best windows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. umm I know it's bad not remember the charity but i really can't remember the name of it but it's opposite the green on the maccy d's side. It was a tiny place, I'm goin to have to check out Age Concern when I'm down those ways now you mentioned it.

    ReplyDelete

Love to know what your thinking..... Every comment is muchly appreciated x