9.9.09

Arabella- founder of Love-Worn.com

Name: Arabella Gubay
Age: 25
Occupation: Freelance writer and founder of www.love-worn.com
Hometown: have lived in Shoreditch, East London for the last five years





1. How would you describe your style? What are you wearing today?
Firstly: eclectic. I love vintage but am not a purist so am happy to wear a sixties silk jacket with a Breton stripe top, some cigarette pants and a seventies gold-tone pendant or one of my Nana’s old YSL pencil skirts with an American Apparel t-shirt and a Vanessa Bruno wrap around coat.

That said, I am a fabric purist and avoid anything synthetic like the plague. I believe in buying the very best fabrics you can afford - silk, cashmere, wool, cotton - as they wear better, feel nicer, and look more expensive.

Today I wore a deep purple merino wool sweater dress from Uniqlo, a wool/cashmere coat by Vanessa Bruno, 60 denier opaques, some patent leather Topshop ballet pumps, a black tote with gold hardware by NYC designer Aleya and some vintage wayfarer style sunglasses by Linda Farrow.


2. Where do usually shop for clothes? Favourite Place/ Store?
Portobello Market, Blondie, Absolute Vintage and The Vintage Fashion Fair for vintage; on the high street, Cos, Topshop and Uniqlo; and in the rare instance that I buy designer, Vanessa Bruno, Dries Van Noten or the great dame herself, Vivienne Westwood.

3. What will you be wearing next season? Or believe is going to be a big trend?
I usually try to avoid trends, as I prefer classic pieces that don’t date so will be investing in good basics - silk jersey tees, well cut jeans, a good black blazer, beautiful leather sandals - and mixing these up with vintage accessories.
Right now I’m on the lookout for the perfect solid silver Victorian cuff and some Victorian gold pendant earrings as well as an embroidered Art Deco silk jacket. But then, I’ve been looking for one of those for years…

4. What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? Hobbies?
Photographing, writing and scouring car boot sales for antiques. I’m just about to move house and am finding myself drawn to interiors, trying to reconcile my slightly eclectic taste with the practicalities of decorating a home.
I’m also trying to find a way to mix vintage/antique pieces - interiors wise - with modern items like I do in the way I dress. I don’t know why but I find this fascinating. I suppose I’m a bit of a bricoleur!


5. What is your Favourite film?
Fashion wise? Breakfast at Tiffany’s - just beautiful!

6. What is your Favourite music?
Ooh, tricky. I’m totally indiscriminate when it comes to music. Bjork, Radiohead, Jeff Buckley, Cat Power, the usual suspects I suppose. And I love pop music, you can’t beat a bit of Girls Aloud or Justin Timberlake at the gym!

7. Any tips, quotes or advice you believe in or live by?
Be yourself and be nice. I think that about sums it up.


www.Love-Worn.com is an online vintage boutique which puts an end to early mornings spent scouring markets for exquisite vintage accessories and brings beautifully edited collection of love-worn pieces quite literally to your fingertips. Go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what your thinking..... Every comment is muchly appreciated x