31.12.10

Wow what a year!...

Reflecting on 2010

This has been one incredible year, it has been full of amazing opportunities and I have met some amazing people along the way. 2010 for me was a year of friendships, love, life and of course work, work, work. The past decade has been and gone-by so fast and here's to entering a new one hopefully equally full of joy... 2011 here we come!

Sometimes wish my memory was far better than, that of a goldfish however here are some of my highlights from 2010...



Jan:::


An all time highlight and a favoured memory of mine, is shockingly winning a competition live on the radio on 1xtra and getting the chance to see the ultra talented Alicia Keys in person, up-close and personal at an intimate gig at the legendary BBC Maida Vale Studios.  

Although now seems a lifetime ago, being quite the fan of Ms Keys, It was a huge privilege, she looked and sounded beautiful... completely blew me away. It was a great start to 2010!   

Alica's Inspiring site http://iamasuperwoman.com


Feb:::


Le Paris! My first ever time to the parisian capital and on eurostar for that matter... Such an enchanting place, from staying in french ghetto, freezing while vintage market shopping, attending première vision to watching the glittering Effiel Tower... although a brief few days stay it was still magical. 

Apr::: 


Apart from being the month of my birth and enjoying a lovely time at the Theatre with all my girls in celebration, It was also the month I embarked on my 6 week work Placement at the global trends research company, WGSN. Part of uni semester this was a real opportunity to experience working life and gain invaluable skills which will stay with me forever.  Doing what I love to do best, Research and Trend analysis I really felt at home there and is a time I look back on fondly. www.wgsn.com 

Jun:::


Yearly attendance to Graduate Fashion Week, daunting that it will be our time this year coming and this was set in with watching my friends final collection showcased on the runway. She did an incredible job and all her hard work truly paid off - Well Done Kirsty Draper

Jul:::


A month full of opportunities - I was lucky enough to intern at one of my favourite Magazines, Volt
It was unbelievable experience with having several of my own article published on Volt Café including interviews with Charlie Le Mindu, Noki and David Carter to name but a few. I was truly honored to receive a significant amount support from the team with my writing and falling back in love with this passion of mine. To work for a credible and sophisticated publication such as Volt which has the most amazing creative team, it was an inspiring time. 
 

Aug:::

I was fortunate to assistant the remarkable Stylist extraordinaire Cynthia Lawrence- John on a Nike Pro Phootshoot with photographer Rick Guest. Still can't quite comprehend how amazing this shoot really was -  true pleasure to work alongside and watch first hand Cynthia at work - A ridiculously talented yet very grounded stylist - http://www.cynthialawrencejohn.com 
 Busy weekend although I can't say it was a struggle to dress the handsome and burly English and French Rugby Players.   

Sep:::


London Fashion Week hits the capital once again. Becoming ill for most of this seasons showcase I unfortunately had to take a step back however I got the chance to accompany the Editor of Volt to the double whammy of Felder & Felder and Hannah Marshall - stunning show with Rankin's film interlude, I may be advantageous and slightly presumptuous in declaring it was the best of LFW (well what I say of it anyhow). 

Oct:::


The Final Event unveiled - 
After months of preparation alongside the lovely Belinda (founder and owner of The Painted Lady Salon), it was so humbling to witness and enjoy the fruits of our labour, so to speak. I have nothing but admiration and love for this hidden gem of a salon. 


On October 7th 2010- The Painted Lady hosted an evening soiree in celebration of the salon's 1st Birthday and the launch of Belinda Hay’s book debut ‘Style me Vintage'. It was a great success with guests able to sample the delights of the evening including vintage styling and pampering with complimentary manicures.


Nov:::


Attending a Vintage Fiar here there and everywhere! 

Dec:::

Won't reveal too much... but here's me all made up at the Volt Phootshoot for issue 9 - a perfect way to end the year with this too look forward to in 2011, I really cannot wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what your thinking..... Every comment is muchly appreciated x