28.12.10

Do you want the truth or something beautiful?

Image via Agent 

Just watching T4 and Ms Paloma Faith was performing a few of her stand out tracks as part of T4's music favourites... I am not sure why but it is not until now that I found myself captivated by her and her presence, not that I had never acknowledged her before, I have quite a few of her songs on ipod, but it is just this moment I thought I really admire her. Paloma I must admit is bit like marmite your either love her or hate her, but I like her, I like her nature, her down to earth attitude, not being afraid to express who she is.

In terms of style she admitted it is almost considered fancy dress. I think her style is actually quite iconic how she mixes vintage glamour with a hint of burlesque, film noir and these are her words not mine, a hint of circus de soleil. Her outlandish look could seem really false and 'try hard' but I find with Paloma she really embraces it and it almost seems so natural, she does not take herself too seriously and that is why I wanted to dedicate this post purely to her. Looking forward to seeing more Paloma Faith in 2011.

image via The Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what your thinking..... Every comment is muchly appreciated x