7.12.10

On the Seventh day of Christmas my true love sent to me...

James Blake a-Singing 


Words cannot describe how I truly felt when I heard I first heard this beautiful track... driving along the M3 one night (inspiring huh!) I was transported to another world when Zane Lowe debuted it on his show... unbelievable... even more unbelievable is that I have only just downloaded it from itunes

This track is stunning, sends shivers down my spine and it has a real earthy, soul quality to it that I just fell in love with. James Blake is a true talent, cannot wait to see what 2011 brings. He recorded this in his bedroom and it is that rawness that adds to his sound... moving away from his previous electronic-y dub-y vibe (and yes they are music genres?!?)... this track provides something, new and fresh.

You may recognise the song, it was originally done by Feist ...which I have only recently listened too. The Feist track is beautiful in it's own right and of course the similarities are there but for me Blake adds a whole new spin on it, soulful, meaningful and should I borrow the words of Simon Cowell it is 'very contemporary'.

Seriously please take a listen, your be blown away... we should all support homegrown talent!

James Blake- Limit to your Love - Out now
Available for download from HMV & itunes  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what your thinking..... Every comment is muchly appreciated x