25.1.10

Exit Through The Gift Shop



An ingenious title by an ingenious artist. I am actually so excited by this and the trailer has just wet my appetite for more, giggling at the little captions that were popping up I can see this film as being a must see for 2010! 



Prolific street artist Banksy is to debut the film this month at the Sundance Film Festival, although was originally set to be part of secret schedule speculation rose after Banksy himslef left a few little images on the walls in Park City where the festival is due to be held. 
Banksy has said to explain his debut as “The story of how one man set out to film the un-filmable. And failed.” As always you can only expect the out of ordinary and the plot sounds as intriguing as the artist himself. Banksy’s publicist told the guardian, “It’s a film about a man who tried to make a film about me. Everything in it is true, especially the bits where we all lie.” Although it is unlikely to reveal any substance to the person behind the pseudo the combination of director Thierry Guetta (also a street artist, aka Mr. Brainwash) and Banksy is sure to be an alluring one,  most probably tantalising the audience throughout with the prospect of subtle clues. 
Bizarrely Rhys Ifans narrates the 85 minute film, which John Cooper (Director of the Sundance Festival) describes as "one of those films that comes along once in a great while, a warped hybrid of reality and self -induced fiction while at the same time a totally entertaining experience. The story is so bizarre I began to question if it could even be real… but in the end I didn’t care. I feel bad I won’t be able to shake the filmmaker’s hand and tell him how much I love this film. I think I will shake everyone’s hand that day and hope I hit on Banksy somewhere. I love his work in all forms." 

Exit Through The Gift Shop will have its world premiere at the festival on Sunday as the Sundance Spotlight Surprise and will subsequently be released in UK cinemas on 5 March.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what your thinking..... Every comment is muchly appreciated x