12.4.11

It's my birthday and I can cry if I want to!

Yes it is indeed it is my birthday *cough*...er....my "21st" and yes I have indeed been extremely spoilt! I want to say a huge THANK YOU to all of you who sent me such lovely birthday wishes... feel very loved. 

I just wanted to share with you a few special gifts I received from work and my good friend Kate yesterday! She is an ever so talented little lady and handmade both of my gifts (below) which personally I think shows so much thought, consideration and effort, they are items to be cherished (well minus the sweets... which will not last long!)

So from the What Katie Did team was a beautifully decorated jar full of sugary favourites, with a Alice in Wonderland twist and a wooden vintage brooch on top... it is a little bit to good to eat I think.




She also created this stunning cushion above... extremely well made it has been constructed out of vintage scarves and trimmings. It is really unique and unusual which is why I love it!! 

Kate is one of those talented creatives (which I am very jealous off as I can not sew to save my life) and has even sold her lovely collection of handmade goods at craft and vintage fairs (below) in and around Oxford. Her cushions all recycled and made-by-hand from vintage fabrics, which means they have this beautiful tactile and patchwork quality to them. 

Hurry up Miss Kate and open up a shop so I can fill my home with your homemade treasures!!


If you are interested or would like to know more about Kate's hand-made items, email her at: Katezak@hotmail.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to know what your thinking..... Every comment is muchly appreciated x